As a society, we value the experiences and advice that is passed down from generation to generation. Each generation learning from the previous generation’s mistakes and lessons, as well as continuing the tradition of passing down knowledge and, at times, words of encouragement.
Whether it is a grandparent talking to their grandchild, or an adult child looking to inspire their aging parent - no one is too young or too old to benefit from these words of wisdom. Although simple phrases, these words of encouragement can provide inspiration and reassurance to every generation.
Words of Encouragement About Life
- The little things DO matter. Whether it is holding the door open for the person behind you, or paying-it-forward with a cup of coffee; the smallest gestures can make the biggest impacts.
- Age is just a number. Don’t be defined by your age – stay active, eat healthy and do the things that make you happy.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is inevitable; learn from your mistakes, pick yourself up, and try again.
- Tomorrow is another day. Not every problem will be solved today, but as they say, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Accomplish what you can, master the day, and do it again tomorrow.
Words of Encouragement About Work
- Look for what inspires you and find your passion. If you’re lucky, you might just be able to make a career out of doing what you love, or as Confucius said, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
- Don’t let work consume you. Set boundaries and take a step back to recharge and refocus. Spend time with your family and friends, as well as make time for yourself and do the things you enjoy.
- Remember, money cannot buy happiness. Happiness is not found in material items, but with the family and friends, you choose to spend your time with. Value them!
Words of Encouragement About Relationships
- Love can hurt sometimes, but don’t let that fear stop you. Not every relationship will last forever, but the knowledge gained from past experiences will make future connections that much stronger.
- Respect differences. Politically, culturally, aesthetically – everyone is different and seeing and understanding these differences can expand your mind and enrich your life.
- Love yourself. The healthiest relationships start when you learn to love yourself as you are. You are not perfect – accept that and know that the right person will love you for your imperfections.
At Fieldstone Communities, we truly believe that it takes every single one of us—our residents, their families and friends, and our team—to create joyful and vibrant communities. These words of encouragement are a reminder for us to value the experiences and knowledge we gain from not only our residents, but our co-workers, parents, grandparents and all generations.
We hope you read these words of encouragement and continue the tradition of passing them along to a child, a friend or a neighbor!
To learn more about Fieldstone Communities or our team, subscribe to our blog today!