If you have questions about whether your loved one is ready for memory care, it can be challenging to track symptoms while being sensitive to the relationship. The person suffering from changes in behavior may be feeling a loss of control. Meanwhile, the spouse, partner, adult child, or loved one observing these troubling behaviors often feels a heightened sense of concern and an increasing desire to protect and secure a safe living situation for their loved one.
We’re here to help. We know how important these conversations are, and understand how tough, complex, and overwhelming it can all seem. You are not alone. We talk with families every day who are doing their very best to make the right, respectful choices with their loved ones.
Some signs of aging are normal and not worrisome. For example, occasionally, forgetting an appointment, struggling to find the right word, making occasional errors with bills, are all common with age. However, when lapses in memory or judgment start to become frequent and interrupt daily life, it’s time to pay close attention.
From hygiene to changes in diet and personality, Alzheimer’s and dementia can affect many different parts of a person’s life. Without knowing what to look for, it can all feel gauzy and hard to pin down. That’s why we’ve created this checklist to help you track the type and frequency of your loved one’s symptoms and behaviors.
This checklist can be a powerful tool to identify symptoms in a concrete way without judgment. If shared with a healthcare professional, it can also give a wealth of relevant information they can utilize to move forward with you.
The Heart of Fieldstone Communities
Ready to learn more about memory care options? Fieldstone Communities are planted across the Pacific Northwest. Families have many locations to choose from and several memory care communities share a campus with an assisted/independent living community right next door. A shared campus means couples and family can stay close to each other while receiving the level of care they need.
Each Fieldstone Memory Care communities offers a holistic environment to provide excellent care in peaceful settings that have been intentionally designed for interaction and engagement. We aim to make life as joyful and carefree as possible, so residents (and their families) can relax and enjoy life to the fullest measure.
Memory Care residents enjoy the following:
- Professional nursing staff with a 24/7 on-call nurse
- Individualized care plans
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Pharmacy services
- Spacious studio and one-bedroom apartment suites available
- Beautiful, secure outdoor spaces to connect with nature, reducing stress levels and calming the mind
- Vital call system safety features as well as comprehensive motion and safety monitoring tools
- The Town Square is at the heart of the community with an art studio, ‘50s diner, theatre, beauty salon, barbershop, and more
- Life Enrichment Program with individualized activity plans, scheduled outings & events, fitness classes, and more—all to support the social, intellectual, spiritual, and physical wellbeing of each and every resident
- Salon, spa, and massage therapy
- Music therapy program
- Gourmet dining by skillful chefs featuring seasonal ingredients; All menus dietitian-approved
- Indoor and outdoor dining options to enjoy the fresh air
Click here to learn more about our communities and connect with a Resident Care Navigator today. We’re passionate about supporting families and residents as they begin a new chapter.