At Fieldstone Communities, we look for every opportunity to make life even better. The foods we create are a key part of reimagining senior living. Delicious, fresh, gourmet meals bring moments of joy, comfort, and satisfaction to each day.
We hire chefs who are passionate about exceptional dining, people who recognize the power that food holds to surprise, spark joy, and nourish. Chefs feature seasonal ingredients in creative dishes and take pleasure in making special dishes and treats for events and holidays.
And we want to share an outstanding accomplishment! Congratulations to Chef Tammy Hoffert, Campus Dining Services Director of Fieldstone of Yakima, for winning a local food competition! This award holds unique accolades—local chef Shawn Niles partnered with World Chef Championship to host this qualifying competition, giving the winner a chance to enter the World Chef Championship! Niles previously won 3rd place in the World Food Championship and decided to host his own food competition at his local establishment, Bite Club.
After three rounds in this competition, our very own Tammy Hoffert was presented with $1,000 and a golden ticket—a prerequisite to enter the World Food Championship herself!
Her winning courses included
- Fried green tomato, fire-roasted red pepper, and crisp frisée finished with a tangy bacon dressing and blue cheese crumbles.
- Sautéed morel mushrooms and kale with sun-dried tomatoes in a silky Parmesan cream sauce garnished with chives.
- Cream puffs filled with apple compote and Chantilly cream topped with candied bacon and a spicy maple glaze
We’re not exaggerating when we say our chefs are world-class! We're so proud to have one of our very own Fieldstone Chefs share their exceptional talents!
Some of the unique dishes our chefs have prepared for residents recently include the following:
- Parmesan Pesto Salmon, Creamy Risotto, Roasted Zucchini, and Maple Pound Cake
- BBQ Brisket, Macaroni Salad, Baked Beans, Cornbread, and Tapioca Pudding,
- Creamy Italian Ravioli, Pesto Sauce, Candied Carrots, and Garlic Bread
Is your mouth watering yet? Incredible chefs and gourmet dining isn’t just a perk of senior living at Fieldstone—it’s part of our mission. Fieldstone Communities’ mission is Together we create joyful & vibrant communities. In our kitchens at Fieldstone Communities, that means plates are vibrant and promise joy to our residents. What we eat each day shouldn’t be routine or uninteresting. Our chefs understand that their offerings can bring new life—nourishing our bodies as well as our spirits.
At Fieldstone Communities, in independent living, assisted living, and memory care, we make sure residents can enjoy dining to the fullest measure:
- Independent and assisted living communities enjoy a café as well as fine dining at Gerald’s Restaurant, offering a Northwest-inspired menu featuring daily specials.
- In addition to three homemade meals each day, food and beverages are available 24/7 and specialty diets are accommodated.
- Enjoy the fresh air with indoor and outdoor dining options.
Want to learn more about the skill and passion of our chefs and all they bring to the table? A resident navigator near you is ready to help! Click here to find a Fieldstone location near you.
Check out these local news stories covering the food competition: